Foodie Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hi and Welcome!!

I've always been someone who followed personal blogs since people keeping a journal of their personal lives for others was just fascinating.  But then I discovered food blogs!  And I have to admit, I was late getting on that bandwagon.  But now, I can't enough of them!

Well, after saying "Someday, I will have my own food blog" (in a very tiny voice), I have finally decided to start one.  And, thanks to Borders and their closing sale, I picked up Thomas Keller's ad hoc at home.  I was tempted to get French Laundry, but after flipping through it, I realized I would only be able to cook two things from it for Picky.  Oh, Picky is my boyfriend.  He doesn't like curry, probably because of coriander.  We figured it was because of the cilantro.  Unfortunately, he is a super taster and can pick up individual flavors in food where others can't.  Plus, he doesn't like seafood or fish because all he can taste is the briny fishy flavor, no matter how well prepared.  Plus he doesn't like game, because it tastes gamey.  So, this puts a bit of a damper on my creativity.

Anyway, I like to cook the complicated, to the not so complicated, healthy meals with lots of veggies, to really decadent desserts and meals.  I'm all over the place.  I hope you enjoy sharing in my cooking adventures!





No comments: